This is a 3 week course (6.5 hours) for parents of 2-12 year olds (with a focus on preschool aged children).
It is an evidence based program that gives parents straight forward, easy to apply tools that they can use to respond to children's challenging behaviours and emotions.
The program is grounded in neuroscience around child brain development/child development theory/behavioural psychology.
PARENTS WILL LEARN
• How to discipline without arguing, yelling or smacking
• How to sort behaviour
• How to handle challenging and testing behaviours
• Choosing strategies - the 3 choices model
• Using emotion coaching to encourage emotional intelligence
• Strategies for encouraging good behaviour
• A workbook to apply the concepts learnt to their families
• A beautiful gift containing resources/tools for use at home in your family
• Yummy homemade dessert with tea/coffee, and a chance to chat over a cuppa with other local parents
WHO IS RUNNING THE COURSE?
Sarah Wood & Sharon Pitman - 1-2-3 Magic® & Emotion Coaching trained facilitators from Hills Family Therapy. We are both Masters Level Qualified and Accredited Clinical Social Workers with many years experience in Child Mental Health and Family Relationships. We are also both parents, and understand the constant demands of parenting!!